Why do I need home insurance?
If you own a home you should consider home insurance to protect this most valuable asset.
What coverages are overlooked when it comes to home insurance?
High value items that you may have on your premise such as Jewelry, Guns, Art pieces, Lawn/Garden Tractors, Musical instruments Etc. Your Homeowner's policy contains certain limits for “theft” of these items. You can purchase higher limits for these items by "scheduling" them on your policy. Scheduling provides broader coverage, lower deductible options and peace of mind.
What is Guaranteed Replacement Cost?
There are a couple different options with this coverage depending on your insurance company. Some carriers offer up to 125% of the Dwelling Coverage, others 150%. The best, of course, is a “true” guarantee that states they will replace your home regardless of the cost and the policy limits, subject only to the perils of the policy as well as the terms and conditions of the policy and endorsement. You must insure your home to 100% of Replacement Cost.
What is Equipment Breakdown?
It's homeowners appliance insurance that provides protection in the event of an unexpected mechanical or electrical breakdown not caused by normal wear and tear or corrosion. It covers the perils of mechanical, electrical and pressure systems breakdown, which are excluded or limited perils in the homeowner’s policy. Anything in your home that can break mechanically or electrically; for example, wine cooling unit, heat pumps, swimming pool equipment, air conditioning systems, electrical panels, televisions & media equipment, as well as other household appliances.
What is Water Backup Coverage?
Water backup coverage is an optional add-on to a homeowners insurance policy. This coverage may help pay for water damage resulting from a backed up drain or sump pump. For instance, it may help cover the cost of replacing furniture or removing water after an unexpected backup.
What is Personal Injury Coverage?
The typical homeowner's insurance policy does not cover personal injury issues – which can include stuff like false arrest, wrongful eviction or entry, invasion or violation of privacy, and yes, slander and defamation. These coverages can be added by endorsement to the policy. We highly recommend this coverage.


What is Rental Car Coverage?
Coverage is provided for temporarily rented vehicles for the same coverages and limits you carry on your current vehicles. It may or may not cover the loss of use of that rental car... be sure you understand this coverage. Talk with our agents today.
What is GAP Coverage?

2 types: Lease Gap and Loan Gap

Lease Gap: Additional coverage for leased vehicles that have not been previously titled and are leased for a period of 12 months or longer may be added to provide limits in excess of the actual cash value. This coverage applies if the lease agreement makes the insured liable for an amount greater than the actual cash value of the car at the time of a covered theft or total loss.

Loan Gap: Similar to Lease Gap, this coverage protects the interest of the named insured up to the full amount of the original loan, subject to certain limitations, on a private passenger automobile that has not been previously titled.

How much Liability is enough?
This is a great question and should be discussed with your agent. We will show you higher limits and costs. The cost for higher limits is much lower than you may expect. Talk with us today and make sure you have adequate coverage.


What types businesses do you insure?
We insure everything from a small mom and pop type business to a large corporation. (Contractors, Stores, Restaurants, Auto Repair, Hotels, Apartments, Auto Dealers, Breweries, and many more…..)
What kinds of things should we insure for our business?

Our producers will review and assess your risks and needs as a business owner. We strive to find coverage for even the most unique needs.
Common coverages are: general liability, buildings, business personal property, tools and equipment, workers compensation, professional errors and omissions, umbrella, and business auto.

Why should I choose You?
J3 takes a personal approach in knowing our clients and understanding their needs. We work with a wide range of carriers that are A.M. Best "A" rated or better, and take the time to review every commercial policy on an annual basis to ensure you always have the best coverage possible.


What is Term Life Insurance?
Term is a type of life insurance that provides a potential death benefit for a fixed period or "term." This is commonly a flat premium for say, 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 years. After the end of the term, the policy no longer provides a death benefit. Term is often characterized as temporary insurance.
What is Permanent Life Insurance?
Permanent Life Insurance provides lifelong protection, and the ability to accumulate cash value on a tax-deferred basis. Unlike term insurance, a permanent insurance policy will remain in force for as long as you continue to pay your premiums.
How much Life Insurance do I need?
What are your financial obligations? Mortgage? Loans? What is your annual Salary? How many years would you need to replace that Salary? How about future costs? College? Funeral? There are so many factors to consider. We offer a formula to use, so be sure to talk to one our agents today


What are Bonds and what do they cover?
A surety bond is issued by a company called a surety, which acts to make sure that a contract is correctly completed or services are adequately provided. Common in construction and similar fields, a surety’s role is to act as a third-party and step in if a contract isn’t completed or doesn’t meet quality. For example, if a contractor abandoned a project because a higher-paying one became available, a surety would hire a new contractor to finish the work. There are also License and Permit Bonds. Companies can be bonded under “license and permit” bonds, which are common for businesses that provide services that require compliance with certain certifications or license requirements from local or state authorities. Examples of businesses that need license and permit bonds include auto dealers, real estate brokers, travel agencies, health clubs, landscaping, collection agencies and auctioneers.
What are some common Bond types J3 Writes?
We can provide License and Permit, Public official, Fiduciary, Contract, Notary, among others.
When do we typically need bonds and how long do they take to get issued?
Bonds are often needed for licensing and license renewals. It takes just a few minutes to set up once all the information is gathered.


What happens when someone calls and ask us about Health insurance?
We discuss their needs and find a solution. Currently, we offer competitive rates on group Health plans written with Medica Insurance Company.​